BASIC JOB FUNCTION
The position of Facilities Maintenance Worker includes numerous duties. Most will be “Hands On”, and some will require an outside contractor. He/she is responsible for being pro-active in finding building issues and providing support to maintain the overall appearance and operation of the facility under minimal supervision. This position requires a service-oriented attitude, ensuring responsiveness in a timely matter.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily walk-through of facility and premises to assure orderliness and proper condition. Be alert for lighting, general appearance, and maintenance issues.
- Clean, vacuum, dust and empty wastebaskets in church offices and rest rooms at least twice a week.
- Vacuum carpets and dust sanctuary prior to weekend services.
- Vacuum carpets, sweep and mop floors of Sunday School rooms weekly.
- Clean windows and mirrors throughout facility as needed.
- Set up and clean up for weddings, funerals, receptions, and other special events.
- Set up and tear down chairs and tables as needed.
- Remove litter (paper, cans, and bottles) in parking areas and from slopes and/or banks on church property.
- Sweep or blow walkways and patio areas prior weekend services and large mid-week events.
- Remove snow and salt main pedestrian walkways as needed during winter season.
- Pickup or delivery of persons or equipment as requested.
- Prepare meeting rooms and areas, including setting up of tables, chairs, podium, and necessary audiovisual equipment.
- Assist with Shipping/Receiving as required and assigned by Facilities Manager.
- Assume any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by Facilities Manager.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must always put forth the best effort to maintain a positive attitude about all situations.
- Respond to various inquiries or complaints in a professional manner.
- Assume any other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
This position requires the ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, squat, climb stairs, climb ladders, reach and work above shoulder height, pull, and push. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds at least 10 yards.
- This position is expected to report to work and from lunch break on time.
- Full time employees are allowed a 60-minute lunch break.
- Due to the nature of our business, there are times when the business or specific operational needs of the Church requires employees to be able to work beyond their normal scheduled work day.
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@fellowshipchicago.com